Brandon Newlin

My life.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Weekend

I just got back from breakfast this morning. I kinda invited myself over to Jonny and Christines because they don't serve breakfast at school on Saturdays. The french toast was delicious, with peanut butter, powdered sugar, syrup, and strawberries.
I used breakfast as a little incentive to get up and get a good morning walk in, since they live about a mile away. Believe it or not, I got up at 7 o'clock on a Saturday. My foot was bothering me a little bit, but it's just wear and tear from playing so much ultimate barefoot. I played in two different games yesterday for about 2 and 1/2 hours. It was extremely humid, so I was drenched in sweat the entire time and by the end my body was just about out of fluids.


Last night I opted not to go to the square dance on campus and instead spent a nice quiet evening in my room with some Greek and Spanish books. Yes, I am that pathetic. I have to make sure I'm top of everything at the start so it will save me some frustrating time later on.

Plus, I'll be busy all afternoon and all day tomorrow with Hyacks' stuff. This weekend is the kick-off weekend for the new school year. Today there is a big meeting with all of the student and adult leaders. In a youth group this size (between 100 and 150 usually) it's quite a different dynamic than the 30 teens back in Wallace. On Wednesday nights they meet as a big group every other week and the alternate week they split up into small groups. The small groups include a couple adult leaders (of which I will be one) and a few student leaders, juniors and seniors in high school who are being trained to lead. I don't exactly how everything operates, but I'll learn a lot more today.

I have to go check my laundry now. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the washers and dryers are free here. Actually, it's now figured into tuition, but I don't directly put quarters into the machines, which can really be a hassle, so it seems free.

Anyway, clean clothes are important to me, so goodbye.

2 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger somebody,somewhere said...

Glad your clothes will be clean - for "free", and that you had a yummy breakfast! :) It's fun to check up on you daily :) Have a GREAT Sunday ! ;)

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger David said...

While you are doing your laundry, and when you are bored with Greek and Spanish, I have a book recommendation. I just started reading John Owen's The Mortification Of Sin... I've only read one chapter, but it is brilliant and piercing to the soul - very helpful. Though we are not meeting weekly to discuss a book, I do commend this book to you for the nourishment of your soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home