Brandon Newlin

My life.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Week 2

This week has just flown by. I think it's catching up for how long last week seemed to take.

It was a beautiful day today. I spent most of the day outside and plan on taking a romantic moonlit walk in a little bit (by myself). Today had a little touch of fall with it, giving a glimpse of my favorite season. Actually, my favorite season is change and variety, which makes me perfectly suited for the midwest.

Classes are going great. Greek and Spanish have agreed with each other thus far. It's kind of like eating pickles and ice cream at the same time and so far I've been able to digest everything without too much of a stomach ache. I've been balancing it out with a lot of reading outside of class.

I've been taking in so much information lately that it's hard to process it and regurgitate it into words for this blog. I'm sure things will start to settle down and if not, I'll just have to adapt. It hasn't been overwhelming. I'm enjoying my studies very much. I've been told by a lot of people that the first couple of weeks at Wheaton can be overwhelming. I say "bring it on Wheaton." Prove the academic excellence that you talk about all the time and put all over your brochures.

I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me.

4 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger somebody,somewhere said...

The pickeles and ice-cream comparison only works for you because you probably LIKE to eat pickles and ice-cream :) We REMEMBER your "meals" on the road last summer - hard to believe that was a year ago already! :) Went to the girls BB game tonight, and the Varsity football - we lost both :( - didn't get to see Amanda, but the CC team made it back, and David told me she got 2nd :)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Rob and Amanda Edmondson said...

Which is the pickle of a language and which is sweet as ice cream?

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger JD Summers said...

hey brandon, i know what you mean about the "pickles and ice cream." i have taken two languages at once as well. thats sweet that you are enjoying the greek thus far, keep at it. things are going well in wallace, i was cajoled into running in the cedar river classic at the dale fountain course today. i ran the 5k in uigly fashion, but it was fun. at least i got a cool tshirt. have fun in classes,
- JD

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger JD Summers said...

hey brandon, i know what you mean about the "pickles and ice cream." i have taken two languages at once as well. thats sweet that you are enjoying the greek thus far, keep at it. things are going well in wallace, i was cajoled into running in the cedar river classic at the dale fountain course today. i ran the 5k in ugly fashion, but it was fun. at least i got a cool tshirt. have fun in classes,
- JD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home