Brandon Newlin

My life.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lazy Weekend

I think that title sums it all up. Kristin came down and we had a nice, relaxing time hanging out at Jonny and Christine's all weekend. Isaac kept us entertained and we ate very well. Although neither one of us got much work done, it was still a great weekend.

I was playing basketball yesterday with Jonny and a few guys from the youth group and I dove after a ball going out of bounds and hurled it back in. Apparently it was a good pass, but I was too busy slamming my knee into the wall to notice. I hobbled back to my feet and played the rest of the game, but my knee was bothering me. After the game, it kind of stiffened up and I've been limping ever since. It's getting better now, so I don't think there's any permanent damage. It's just a little inconvenient for the time being.

On top of that, I seemed to contract a strange 12-hour flu last night. I woke up this morning feeling much better than last night, so I wonder if I just ate something wrong. I have a pretty strong stomach, but I've been known to abuse it (all of last summer). Anyway, I'm feeling much better all around today.

My internship official starts this week, but not too much of my schedule will change. One thing I'll be doing is attending ministry classes at College Church every Sunday and doing some required reading for that. Also, Jonny and I will go through a book and meet once a week so he can keep tabs on me and discipline wherever is necessary. Technically, he is my boss, I guess. Other than that I'll be continuing to work with Hyacks and filling in wherever possible. The fall program starts this week and we're going through Galatians. Incidentally, that was the book that Jonny went through with his first series in the Country Bible Church youth group. However, he's not teaching, his ministry associate, Richie, is. I'll write more about Richie later.

I have some Spanish to do that requires a lot of listening, so it's impossible to do both of these things at once (I had to quit the Spanish to write this). Good day to all of you.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 PM, Blogger somebody,somewhere said...

hey! I think there were 34 at youth group tonight - me and Uncle Robin, JD, Sarah, Julie and Ruben, and the rest high school & early college (Josh, David, Alex . . . ) and ALL the new 7th graders, Austin, Jono, Ben, Beau, Kane, Tessa, Deborah :) Also, our NEW daughter - Katharina - she came from Germany - an exchange student, we took her in "temporarily" but, already love her (she has been here 24 hours) so, will most likely make it permanent! :) Love & Prayers :) "Your #1 Fans :) "

 

Post a Comment

<< Home