Brandon Newlin

My life.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Another busy week

There seems to be a pattern developing and it doesn't seem like it's slowing down.

Today was an incredible day. I just found out that as a part of my internship I have the opportunity to sit in on an expositional preaching workshop taught by College Church senior pastor Kent Hughes. Tuesday mornings (which are fortunately class-free for me) will now be spent learning directly from a man with over 30 years of experience (27 at College Church) and happens to be on the international council of Biblical innerancy (I don't know exactly what it is, but it sounds pretty cool) Anyway, he knows his stuff, and I consider it an incredible privilege to learn as much as I can from him in the last few months he is at College Church. I feel a bit over my head, but I'll be glad to stretch myself through this. It's basically like adding another class to my schedule, but I can't pass up this truly once in a lifetime opportunity.

And to think I almost didn't go because I was afraid of feeling out of place.

Classes were good and I had ultimate practice for IMs. Our first game is tomorrow and I think our team is pretty good. We'll have to see.

Tonight I went to an arboretum, which is, as one of my classmates put it, "a zoo for trees." It's a 1600 acre piece of land dedicated to growing, experimenting on, and maintaining a variety of plant species. It was for my bio lab, so it was a good break from the monotony of laboratory experiments and write-ups.

I'm working on a devotional right now for Spanish class tomorrow, so that's all for now.

Adios,
Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home