Brandon Newlin

My life.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Quick Post

I don't have a ton of time (night ultimate in an hour plus some homework), but I'll give a little summary of my week.

I think most people who even pay attention to my blog got to see me in person this weekend, so that was probably worth more than a thousand posts. I had a busy, but great weekend at home.

This week has been pretty good. I had a series of tests on Friday and Monday which all went pretty well. I was kinda disappointed in my Spanish test, because I put in a decent amount of studying and the test was really simple. I got a 99, which wasn't an uncommon grade compared to the rest of the class. So much for an academically challenging school. Wheaton is such a poser. I have a Greek test on Friday, so hopefully that test won't be a pansy too.

We had another great small-group meeting tonight. Still going through the book of Galatians and discussing a lot of Paul and his conversion experience followed by his life. There aren't many better examples than Paul. From a misguided Christian hunter to a persecuted Christian leader in three days.

I almost forgot to mention my trip to Minneapolis this weekend to the Desiring God conference. It should be a great mix of speakers dealing with how to relate the gospel to the culture we are in. I already read through Scott Wells' book, "Above All Earthly Pow'rs" from which the conference gets his name, and I just yesterday checked out Mark Driscoll's book "The Radical Reformission," so I'm pretty excited to see the dialogue between these two guys and the other speakers, especially considering the different array of backgrounds and perspectives they come from.

So that's my weekend, another 5+ hour drive both ways for two days of stuff. I'll have Kristin with me, so it won't be too bad. I'll make sure I post some reflections and reactions after I get back.

Until then,
Brandon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home