Brandon Newlin

My life.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Year, New Ambitions

Here I go again. I'm at the beginning of the semester with not much to do, so I have plenty of time to write all the stuff I want. Hopefully I can keep a consistent schedule this time.

I'm back in the swing of things physically but definitely not mentally. I'll probably spend all of this week shaking the cobwebs out of my head before I can start to concentrate on school. My major may have finally found a home with anthropology, because I'm taking two anthropology courses as opposed to the zero english classes I have taken at Wheaton (english is my declared major). I'm really excited to start studying other cultures.

I'm pretty pleased with how my textbook buying has been as well. So far I've saved at least $50 on books by using half.com and the library. My crowning acheivement was getting a $40 book for 75 cents. Shipping was about five bucks but I'll take it. And I should have it by the end of the week.

I suppose the best way for me to get back into school mode is to do some reading and homework, so I'll stop for now. Hopefully this won't be the last post for another 2 months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home